S2E24: Teaching to Special Needs with Charlotte Mason Methods with Karla Areas
March 3, 2022
- Today’s guest is Karla Areas, homeschool mother of 2 children and co-founder of the Charlotte Mason Memphis support group
- How Karla first came to know about Charlotte Mason
- What kinds of adaptations Karla made to narration, short lessons and other CM methods to work with her special needs child
- What are some of the features of a Charlotte Mason education that works so well for teaching special needs?
- How an average school day looked for Karla and her son as he continued to grow
- How do you take care of your neuro-typical children at the same time as caring for a special needs child?
- Karla’s advice for all homeschooling moms to stay the course
Books and Links Mentioned:
School Education by Charlotte Mason
Cindy’s Patreon Discipleship Group
Mere Motherhood Facebook Group