S2E29: A Charlotte Mason Approach to Language Arts with Amy Snell
May 19, 2022
- Today’s guest is Amy Snell, a homeschooling mother of 5, as well as a speaker, teacher and encourager to fellow Charlotte Mason homeschoolers
- How did you first hear about Charlotte Mason?
- What do you think are the elements of language arts in a Charlotte Mason paradigm?
- What are some of the early steps in teaching language arts at home?
- What are some other tools we can use besides narration to strengthen a child’s composition skills?
- What are the differences between transcription and dictation and their purposes?
- How can parents implement these practices into their daily and weekly schedules?
- Ideas for helping students transition to written narration
- How would you approach teaching grammar?
- What is done for composition in the higher forms?
- Some encouragement for moms seeking to implement more Charlotte Mason methods in the language arts
Books and Links Mentioned:
Philosophy of Education by Charlotte Mason
First Grammar Lessons by Charlotte Mason
The Lively Art of Writing by Lucille Payne
Find Cindy and Amy:
Cindy’s Patreon Discipleship Group
Mere Motherhood Facebook Group