S2E34: Exams in the Charlotte Mason Homeschool with Celeste Cruz
June 16, 2022
- Today’s guest is Celeste Cruz, homeschooling mom of 10, speaker at Charlotte Mason conferences and supporter of parents using the CMEC curriculum
- How Celeste first learned about Charlotte Mason’s philosophy
- How Celeste got involved with the CMEC
- What was the process of the PNEU exams in Charlotte Mason’s day?
- What makes a Charlotte Mason style exam different from a typical modern school examination?
- How could parents set up a schedule for exams?
- What is the connection between narration and end of term examinations?
- What advice do you have for parents who are worried about doing exams?
Books and Links Mentioned:
Charlotte Mason Educational Center (CMEC)
Charlotte Mason Digital Collection
Parents and Children by Charlotte Mason
School Education by Charlotte Mason
A Philosophy of Education by Charlotte Mason
Find Cindy and Celeste:
Cindy’s Patreon Discipleship Group
Mere Motherhood Facebook Group
Celeste’s Blog – Joyful Lessons