S3E47: Christmas Memories with Lynn Bruce and Donna-Jean Breckenridge
December 15, 2022
- Today’s guests are Lynn Bruce and Donna-Jean Breckenridge, and together with Cindy they talk about Christmas memories
- What did homeschooling look like around the Christmas holidays?
- Why it is okay to take time off from your normal school work for Christmas celebrations
- Why traditions are so important, possibly even more so as children grow older
- What are some traditions that your family keeps from previous generations?
- Handling changes and trauma as the years go by and still keep Christmas with courage
- What are some Christmas “fails” that happened in your family?
Books and Links Mentioned:
Saviour of the World, Volume 1 by Charlotte Mason
This Country of Ours: Annotated, Expanded and Updated, Vol. 1 by Donna-Jean Breckenridge
Episode 40: Donna-Jean Breckenridge on Updating This Country of Ours
Hallelujah: Cultivating Advent Traditions with Handel’s Messiah by Cindy Rollins
The Best Christmas Pageant Ever by Barbara Robinson
The Christmas Mystery by Jostein Gaarder
Find Cindy, Lynn, and Donna-Jean:
Cindy’s Patreon Discipleship Group
Mere Motherhood Facebook Group
Cindy, thank you so much for this! As a mom who has just graduated my first, I am drawn more and more to what I call the “CM grandmas”. I do mean that with all respect! You all have so much wisdom to share. I really appreciated thr discussion of grief from these godly ladies. Much needed right now. Thanks again and Merry Christmas!