S2E19: “However Imperfectly” with Donna-Jean Breckenridge
January 13, 2022
- Today’s guest is Donna-Jean Breckenridge, veteran homeschool mom, grandmother and member of the AmblesideOnline Advisory
- How did Donna-Jean first hear about Charlotte Mason?
- Where did the phrase “however imperfectly” come from?
- The value of small things done faithfully.
- Why Donna-Jean views homeschooling her grandchildren now as a gift.
- What to do when you are tempted to compare or to change everything up.
- What Donna-Jean is doing these days besides homeschooling.
Books and Links Mentioned:
For the Children’s Sake by Susan Schaeffer Macaulay
Home Education by Charlotte Mason
A Philosophy of Education by Charlotte Mason
The AmblesideOnline Poetry Anthology
Consider This by Karen Glass
In Vital Harmony by Karen Glass
Principles at the Helm Audio Seminar by Karen Glass
Find Cindy and Donna-Jean:
Cindy’s Patreon Discipleship Group
Mere Motherhood Facebook Group
I cannot tell you how timely this episode was for me. We have had the most difficult transition back to school after Christmas break, and I have been so frustrated and discouraged. Listening to you ladies discuss “however imperfectly” was so very encouraging – thank you!